Total Pageviews


Sunday, December 4, 2011

Meringue Cookies - Recipe and Whats been up!

Wow! A lot going on around here. Hard to believe it's DECEMBER already! :-0

Shame on me! I haven't posted on my blog in a while! Since Febuary to be exact!

Anyway.

I've been pretty busy, had a rough summer - Friends & Drama, dealing with college ( Now in a slight Haitus - Financial reason's and not able to get there.) Anyway!
It's been a good couple month's, Spending time with the boyfriend - and my family. Babysitting my sisters younger kids, and watching my sister's two year old run after the chickens going BAWK BAWK, and then flapping her arms. Hahah. Too cute.

I've reacently taken up Crocheting after my mom's swong me into it, bringing out the christmas stockings I've made before :) Now I'm just in the mood too make stuff!

Recently we had our Thanksgiving Dinner with my mom's side of the family - My Cousin John, asked me for the recipe of Cookies I've made.


Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies  

4 egg whites, room temperature
1 TBS ( table spoon) Apple Cider Vineager
1 Tsp ( teaspoon ) Vanilla
1/4 Tsp of Salt
1 Cup ( 8 oz ) Choclate Chips
1/2 cup ( 4 oz ) Sugar

Materials:
- Glass Bowl
- Electric Beater
- Teaspoon
- Tablespoon
- Cookie Pan's
- Parchment Paper (Optional, I just use butter too grease the cookie pan)

Directions:

Preheat your oven too 400* F.

Crack Your Eggs  - If you dont know how too get the egg yoke's from the egg whites. ( Here's a Link: http://www.helpwithcooking.com/egg-guide/how-to-separate-egg.html ) 
 Put the egg whites into a Grease - Free Glass Bowl.
Beat the egg whites on a high speed, with an electric mixer, until frothy (bubbles start appearing) Add all of the other ingredients: Apple Cider Vineager, Salt, Vanilla [ Exept Chocolate Chips and Sugar. ]
Continue beating the egg white mixture until soft peaks start forming, slowly add in sugar, continue beating until * stiff peaks * form. Once the Stiff Peaks form. Slowly, add the sugar, mixing it for a minute more after. Then remove mixer, and fold in Chocolate Chips

Spoon onto greased cookie sheet, Bake for 30 minutes until lightly tan, turn off oven. Leave Cookies IN Oven over night. Remove from Oven in the morning, and Serve!

Soft Peak - When you turn your whisk upside down, the peaks are just starting to hold. They're soft and melt back into themselves after a second.
I Hope You All Enjoy Theses Cookies!

Firm Peak - Now when you turn your whisk upside down, the peaks will hold and the ridges are more distinct, but the tips fold back on themselves.
Stiff Peak - Turn the whisk upside down, and those peaks hold proudly! They should point straight up without collapsing at all (or maybe a little bit just at the very tips). The mixture is thick and heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment